The UAE government’s ‘UAE Vision 2021′: “The Vision aims to make the UAE among the best countries in the world by the Golden Jubilee of the Union. In order to translate the Vision into reality, its pillars have been mapped into six national priorities which represent the key focus sectors of government action in the coming years.”
The vision addresses ‘National Key Performance Indicators’ like Human Development Index, Happiness Index, Non-Oil GDP Growth, Global Competitive Index, Sense of Security and many more indicators.
Of specific relevance to road safety is the following National Key Performance Indicator (http://www.vision2021.ae/en/national-priority-areas/safe-public-and-fair-judiciary) – Road Traffic Death:
To realize this aggressive target (3 deaths/100,000), it needs the support of the entire nation, not only the government. We all, the individual road traffic participants (‘YOU’!!), UAE’s media, governmental entities, NGO’s (like RoadSafetyUAE) and corporations are challenged to contribute, by:
- Creating a new road traffic culture, defined by displaying a ‘caring’ attitude for our own safety and the safety of the traffic participants around us.
- Raising awareness for proper behavior on our roads.
- Creating the right traffic infrastructure.
- Creating and enforcing road traffic laws and rules.
- Educate the next generation of responsible road traffic participants.
It is vital to understand, that EVERY ONE OF US is challenged to contribute, especially for creating a NEW and CARING road traffic CULTURE!
RoadSafetyUAE wants to INVITE all UAE traffic participants to:
- Read and comment on our topic Road Etiquette & Politeness - http://www.roadsafetyuae.com/road-etiquette-politeness/
- Take our online pledge and commit yourself to Safe Driving - http://www.roadsafetyuae.com/pledge-make-uae-roads-safer/