Flashing your lights, is strange to many of us – especially to western expats. However, in the fast lane, flashing your lanes it is a common norm in the UAE in case you want to overtake a slower car, which does not clear the fast lane.
How to do it right!
- Make sure, that you are within the speed limit and flash your lights from a proper distance
- Give the slower vehicle in front of you proper time to clear the lane
- Be considerate and ‘caring’ for others, especially for the slower car in front of you
- Always leave the proper distance to the car in front of you, as long as it has not cleared your lane
Watch out for this
- Don’t over speed
- Don’t bully the car in front of you
- Don’t drive too close to the car in front of you
- Don’t endanger yourself and those around you!