Drivers engaged with their Mobile Phone is a daily sight in the UAE! Driving must take our full concentration, because many unfortunate things can happen if we are distracted. In a world where everyone needs to be connected all the time, talking, texting and browsing with mobile phones became a significant cause of road accidents and fatalities.
- ‘Texting and Driving’ became one of the main killers on the world’s roads!
- Cell phone drivers exhibited greater impairment than intoxicated drivers!
- Driving while using a hands-free cellular device is not safer than using a hand held cell phone!
How to do it right!
- Before you enter your car, put your mobile phone on SILENT and stow it away
If you HAVE TO call while driving:
- Let your passenger take or make the call.
- Make sure you call ‘hands-free’ (many cars come with this feature already!)
- The BEST option however is to call back when you finished your trip, or when you take a rest to call
- Even pedestrians should refrain from using their mobile phones if it might deviate their attention
Watch out for this
- Don’t text or browse the internet while driving
- Don’t call without a proper hands-free kit …but best: NO calls at all!
- Even using hands-free devices while driving is a source of deviation!
- If you come across other drivers or pedestrians seemingly deviated by using a mobile phone, be extra careful!
Share your story